A Message from Dr. Marci with Northwest Parkinson’s Foundation – Techniques to help relieve the stress of the holidays.
Categories : ANNOUNCEMENTS
|A message from Dr. Marci,|
By now I am sure that we have been reminded that this is the holiday season! For some of us, this is a time of fun, laughter, family and food. For others it is a time of feeling overwhelmed, stressed and exhausted. We can choose how to face this time of year. Especially if you are part of our Parkinsons’ community. There is an added layer of stress and some sadness. And yet, if you are a part of our support group community, we can share strategies on how to best get through the season.
Here are just a few ideas:
– Breathe! In through the nose for a count of 5 and out through your mouth for count of 5.
– Focus on the present moment. Don’t anticipate what you have to do next.
– Take a bubble bath or long shower.
– Find something that makes you laugh.
– Give someone a hug!
– Remember to smile, even if it just to yourself in the mirror!
This Tuesday, Dr. Marci will be hosting the Adult children with a parent living with Parkinson’s support group. Please connect with her to receive a zoom link.
Meet Dr. Marci Nemhauser, PsyD | Social Services Manager
Connect with Dr. Marci please call 206.946.6517 or email